This course helps you define and refine your product backlog items across 7 Product Dimensions, prioritise user stories, and prepare for value-based planning.
This course is delivered in partnership with Ellen Gottesdiener of EBG Consulting.
Delivering high-value products requires teams to collaboratively discover the right product to deliver at the right time. Yet, teams struggle with this journey, wrestling with bloated backlogs, ineffective or inconsistent planning, and unpredictable Sprint or value stream flow.
Learn how to improve your product agility and team outcomes through precise and transparent development of “ready” backlog items.
Through interactive discussions, simulations, exercises, examples, and reviews, learn to:
- Align value with the product vision
- Use value as the foundation for backlog definition and refinement
- Make transparent, value-based product decisions
- Engineer strong collaboration among product partners - customer, business, and technology stakeholders -
- Engage the right people at the right time
- Explore, evaluate, and confirm product options with Structured Conversations
- Comprehensively refine backlog items across the 7 Product Dimensions
- Confirm user stories with clear, unambiguous acceptance criteria
- Prepare backlog items for efficient release and sprint planning
- Slice user stories to be “ready” to get to “done”
- Project vs Product
- Requirements, Views & Plans
- Backlog Refinement, Ready & Done
- Structured Conversations
- User Stories and requirements gaps
- Product Vision, Product Partners, Planning Themes
- 7 Product Dimensions: User, Interface, Action, Data, Control, Environment, Quality Attribute
- Confirmation: Scenarios, Tests, Given-When-Then
Certification of attendance
2 days or 4 half days
Who Should Attend?
This course is valuable for Product Owners, Scrum Master, User Experience experts, Business and Requirements Analysts, and anyone else on the development team who partipcates in or leads backlog refinement, discovery, and agile planning.
How long is the course?
The course is two full days or 4 half days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 20. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
How have you prepared your training rooms in light of COVID-19?
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have virtual options available. Please refer to the location of the course to find available virtual and classroom dates.
Does the course include certification?
A certificate of attendance will be sent to you upon completion of the course.
Is this certification internationally recognized?
No. However, the course is trained on behalf of EBG Consulting - a group of world-renowned experts helping product and development communities create valuable outcomes through product agility.
Does price include VAT?
Yes. The price includes Value Added Tax. The price you see on the website is the price you will pay.
How can I pay?
You can pay via EFT or credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will receive a quote/invoice with the banking details and credit card link.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department. If you see your company name in our “clients” section, it is excellent news – Think Agile is on your approved vendor list.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 10 days before the course. After that, an additional R1500 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.