Build a productive and engaged team that can work together anywhere!
For those of us working remotely — either by choice or not — we feel a better way to work together exists. But what does successful remote work look like? What carries over from physical office work and what should we leave behind? How do team agreements differ? How might we support each other remotely? How can we reflect, celebrate, and connect with each other remotely? This course allows you to work with a distributed group of individuals and learn how you can become a true team.
Certificate of Attendance
- Learn how to increase trust and camaraderie of a distributed team by simulating the human experience while working in co-located teams.
- Discover techniques to avoid miscommunication and outline acceptable behaviours for your team’s collaboration.
- Hold the space for effective meetings where everyone contributes and supports different communication and work styles.
- Practice how to give and receive feedback, conduct remote team retrospectives and inspire continuous improvement across distributed teams.
- How to establish a basic set of guidelines for working together on a remote team
- Common communication protocols for remote working
- Tools for capturing team agreements
- Best practices and tools for seamless online collaboration
- Ways to combat the “out of sight, out of mind” mentality
- Simple tips for increasing camaraderie and the sense of team/togetherness online
- How to choose and effectively use online meeting technology
- Common communication protocols for effective remote meetings
- How to facilitate interaction and participation, and minimize distractions and multi-tasking
- Techniques for rapid, continuous feedback
- How to set up 360 degree feedback systems so that colleagues and managers can more frequently measure each others performance
- Tools for showing appreciation
- How to conduct remote retrospectives
Who Should Attend?
Managers, coaches and team members who are enthusiastic about improving productivity and day-to-day communication with their remote colleagues.
Who trains the course?
This course is trained by our partner, Mark Kilby, a distributed Agile Guide and co-author of the book, From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams.
Why can’t I see the upcoming course dates?
Once you express interest, we will chat with our partner about which dates are available. We are also gathering interest to run a course exclusively for the Southern Africa region.
How long is the course?
The course consists of four 90-minute, interactive online sessions, each with a separate focus
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes. As this course focuses on remote working, it is only delivered virtually.
Does the course include certification?
A certificate of attendance will be sent to you upon completion of the course.
Does the price include VAT?
Yes. The price includes Value Added Tax. The price you see on the website is the price you will pay.
How can I pay?
You can pay via EFT or credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will receive a quote/invoice with the banking details and credit card link.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department. If you see your company name in our “clients” section, it is excellent news – Think Agile is on your approved vendor list.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 10 days before the course. After that, an additional R1500 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.