Learn how to design a Kanban system for optimal flow and faster delivery.
Live online events
Kanban Systems Design is an overview of the Kanban method, as well as an approach to introducing the method into your organization. The course features many group exercises, discussion, and highly interactive game play. You will also be presented an evidence-based application of the STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban).
International certification with Kanban University
- Understanding Kanban systems
- Experience flow in a Kanban simulation
- Learn and use STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban) to design your Kanban system.
- Visual board design and ticket design.
- Systems Thinking
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Establishing Policies behind the work to assist your teams delivery
- Kanban system mechanics and indicators (pull, delivery, replenishment, commitment points, lead time, throughput, cumulative flow diagrams)
- Introduction to the STATIK method
- Evidence-based case study behind The Kanban Methods design
- Understanding the context to understand the need for change
- How “Demand Analysis” assists shaping the change
- Visualizing the workflow that exists
- Discovery of, and decomposing the design behind Classes of Service
- Cadences: Delivering and Replenishing to sustain and nourish the flow of work
- Establishing a Kanban system visualization you can use immediately
How long is the course?
The course is two full days. We start at 8:30 a.m. and finish at 4:30 p.m. on both days.
How big is a class?
The maximum number of delegates is 25. It allows for focused learning and in-depth discussions.
How have you prepared your training rooms in light of COVID-19?
Can this course be done virtually?
Yes, we have virtual options available. Please refer to the location of the course to find available virtual and classroom dates.
Does the course include certification?
Yes, the course includes international certification with Kanban University.
Is this certification internationally recognized?
Yes. Kanban System Design (KMP I) is recognized everywhere around the world, including the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East.
Does the certification expire?
No, the certificate does not expire.
Are there more levels?
Yes, after completing KMP I and gaining some practical experience applying the learnings, you are ready to attend Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP II). You then apply for your Kanban Management Professional accreditation directly with Kanban University.
Do we write the exam during the training?
There is no exam for this course. You will receive an international certificate after attending the training from Kanban University.
Is the certification included in the price?
Yes, the price includes training and certification.
Does price include VAT?
Yes. The price includes Value Added Tax. The price you see on the website is the price you will pay.
How can I pay?
You can pay via EFT or credit card. After you register and make your reservation, you will receive a quote/invoice with the banking details and credit card link.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department. If you see your company name in our “clients” section, it is excellent news – Think Agile is on your approved vendor list.
Can I cancel my booking?
You can cancel or reschedule for free up to 10 days before the course. After that, an additional R1500 fee is applicable. The reason is simple – we have already incurred costs (advertising, catering, venue hire). Also, you might be taking a spot from someone else.